“Choose a theme for the channel? It’s so much easier!” – That’s what most people think. But there’s a BUT everywhere. In this chapter, we’ll talk more about choosing a theme for the channel.
Very well, if you already have your own experience, let’s say a blog, or if you have experience in running groups in other social networks, or if you are a media celebrity at all? Then no problem and you can make a blog about yourself, but ordinary people have to be demand-driven. As they say, “demand gives birth to supply.”
First, let’s talk about the themes that we don’t need to do channels on.
- Do not promote the ideas of terrorism or any other violation of the general principles of humanism. Such channels receive a permament (eternal) ban and are removed.
- Any topics for which Apple users are banished – porn, video/audio infringing on copyrights. These topics are of course very popular, you can create a channel to recruit 3-4 thousand subscribers, and then get a ban from Apple. Of course, you can promote the channel without taking into account Apple users, but you will lose a significant part of your audience.
For those who received a ban but did not break any rules, it is better to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now, let’s talk about topics that show well in Telegram. This is everyone else! However, in this messenger you will find everything you like: comics, reviews, humor, cars and sports, men’s clubs and crochet lessons. There are even canals of prisoners sitting in jail right now or soldiers serving in a war zone, yes, what are we talking about, even a canal of a bum!
Now many projects from Facebook are starting to move to Telegram. Some of them are implemented with the help of a simple bot that automatically repost from a group of all new entries, and some are trying to make various content for different social networks (such administrators/editors are worthy of respect).
The popularity of topics at the moment (according to my observations, feedback from other administrators and statistics services) is approximately the following:
- Humor, stories of subscribers
- Business, self-development, money and financial management.
- Crypt currency and darknet
- Different ways and schemes of earning on the Internet
- SEO, SMM, advertising and various promotion of everything.
- Books and book short paraphrases
- Politics and Media
- The others are all the other channels
Of course, in any of these topics you can make a decent channel, but by choosing something special and unusual you are guaranteed to gather a very good “harvest of subscribers”.
However, I want to warn you against one common mistake. I’ve watched a lot of channels during my work in Telegram, let’s say “nothing”, i.e. these are channels about everything at once – author’s blogs, various selections without common subjects and so on. It is very difficult and VERY expensive to promote such channels (if you are not a media celebrity, as I said before). The topic should be! And it must be clear, but also not too narrow!
In the next chapters, I will analyze some of the channels that I will randomly select from the statistics website, and you will see for yourself the importance of choosing a topic.